Monday 17 September 2012

On The Road To Somewhere.

As an amateur film buff, I cannot for the life of me figure out why critics slam Sofia Coppola's work all the time. It's measured well-paced and beautifully shot with intensely arresting people- even if they don't seem to have too much to say.( Could it be all those fashion references?)  I loved Lost In Translation most of all, mainly because of the way she shot Tokyo. In it's way, it was it's own character. (Oh yes, and the soundtrack) I still haven't seen Somewhere, which stars Stephen Dorff, who makes a long awaited return to the silver screen and co-starring the incredibly talented Elle Fanning, younger sister of Dakota- who is equally talented. ( 'My Name is Sam' anyone?)
source: movie still is from the movie Somewhere via Google

No comments:

Follow Follow