Tuesday 8 May 2012

The Met.







OK, So there were some really interesting dresses, to say the least and some pretty disastrous ones, disastrous by which I mean some of the ladies allowed the clothing to wear them instead of the other way around! (Have a look at Kirsten Stewart and Emma Stone, you'll see what I mean.) Some looked pretty industry standard in my opinion- even though I got mad love for them all!- but these were the ones that caught my eye. Including Carey Mulligan's Prada. I mean hello?

In terms of show stopping, the light must shine on Bianca Brandolini D'Adda in Dolce and Gabbana. I mean, this is what The Metropolitan Costume Institute Gala is all about non?

 I picked Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, because she looks regal and statuesque in Burberry, and Kirsten Dunst made an interesting choice by wearing this two piece by Rodarte, which the more I stare at it, the more I like. Finally, Lily Collins looked ethereal in these Valentino number. Who do you think tore it up this year?

images via net-a-porter and harveynichols

No comments:

Follow Follow