Wednesday 11 September 2013

New In.

Valentino Rockstuds from AW11/12, ph by me.
Let me explain. There is so much that I want to do with my life that sometimes it gets overwhelming. A lot of goals demand a lot of attention and sometimes..well I get quite flustered. I know what I want to do but I need a little time to figure out exactly how I need to proceed. When I feel like these I always make the most ridiculous buying decisions. Well call them, ridiculous- sensible buying decisions. I always splurge (almost always) on the things I have wanted for a long, long time. Things that I consider classics that I can rotate over and over in the future. But that doesn't necessarily mean the time is always right. Why dip into the pot if it's almost empty? A sensible person would take a step back and review the situation. Usually (That is if their interest lies in shopping) they would delay the buying of luxury items when they a.) Know they can afford to and b.) Feel that they deserve it as a reward. But I most certainly do NOT deserve to buy myself nice things right now- but then, I am not sensible or rational for that matter. I am emotional and completely random and at my most random, I can do some really random things. Like call up Valentino's outlet store in Bicester Village to find out if they happened to have any Valentino Rockstuds in ANY styles and ANY sizes. It's just that, they had THE rock studs in MY size, what luck! Such bad timing. Cue sad face. The ones that were photographed everywhere during Paris Fashion Week 2011/2012 for AW, and they were on the foot of almost every tumblr worthy editor/model/debutante/socialite out there. Call me pathetic but that shit leaves a deep imprint on my sub- conscious pitiful, little mind. The lovely SA asked what size I was and would I like to put them on hold and before I could stop the words from flying out of my mouth, I announced I would buy them now over the telephone. Before you could say gluten free quinoa flake oat cookies, the bank transfer was done. Mistake? Too late, my dream shoes have arrived they are mine to keep whether or not the timing was right or I whether I was in the right frame of mind. 

What random purchase did you make?
x

No comments:

Follow Follow