Saturday 19 November 2011

The Golden Years.

OK so now you know Harriet loves movies-vintage movies, loves beauty-vintage beauty, and my recent 'Object of desire' post is dedicated to the new movie, 'My Week with Marilyn' I guess you can figure out where this post is heading. Harriet wants to yap some more about the silver screen. Yah. That's right, this post is dedicated to..
Hollywood Glamour.
(Pay attention to REAL beauty!)

Tomboy: Katherine Hepburn

Ava Gardner
She famously dated Howard Hughes, the famous Aviator, Engineer and Movie Director.

Veronica Lake

Audrey Hepburn

Did you ever see All About Eve? If not, GO SEE IT-I mean GO RENT IT. One of the best movies I have ever seen.
starring Anne Baxter


I want to wear my hair like that
Rita Hayworth

Princess of Monaco: Grace Kelly

Marilyn Monroe

Dorothy Dandridge 1

Dorothy Dandridge 2

Dorothy Dandridge 3.
 Don't know her? Well...Unfortunately the 1950s was a time of immense racial tension but against all odds, she was the first EVER African American woman to ever be nominated for an Oscar and BAFTA. She was signed to 20th Century Fox for 5 and a half years for only a 3 picture deal, only of two were released. (Other actresses made as many as 20.) With doors jammed shut in those days to women of colour, her professional career ended almost as soon as it was about to REALLY take off. Sadly, as with many of our revered beauties, she ended her own life with a drug overdose. My mother was named after her and I have had an infatuation with her ever since. So there you go. A little history lesson. Harriet couldn't resist!

Marilyn Monroe (again! Just love her vivaciousness)


& our Brit, Dame Elizabeth Taylor, The most beautiful of them all. (In my opinion!)
Did I miss anyone out?
sources: all google



2 comments:

The Queen of Hearts said...

A very informative post. Dorothy was absolutely stunning, wasn't she? These women are the definition of bombshells. New Hollywood could learn something from them.

The Queen of Hearts

La Mode Operandi said...

Mmm I love this post, these women are so timeless, flawless, never overdone.

Follow Follow